Data Center Services
Your data center as a business services optimization center
Today’s datacenters are no longer just a collection of physical assets. Server virtualization has quickly become a defacto standard. Private and public clouds offer improvements in performance, scalability and even security. Indeed, all elements of the infrastructure—compute, network and storage—now can be virtualized and delivered as an integrated service for unprecedented automation, agility and cost savings. But the value of all this technology can only be measured by how close it comes to optimizing the delivery of the key services that drive your business.
The Akima Global Technology Advantage
- Proven solutions used at the world’s most demanding and secure enterprises
- Metrics focused on business outcomes
- Prioritized investment based on business need
- Database to desktop virtualization
- Cloud Integration
- Scalable platforms for maximum flexibility
- High availability, zero downtime transformation
- Extended legacy system lifecycles
Optimize the services that drive your business forward
At Akima Global Technology, we see today’s datacenter as a business optimization center where we help break down the functional silos and cultural obstacles that get in the way of critical service optimization. So what will it take to get you there and keep you there?
It may require server virtualization, a streamlined database migration or a datacenter consolidation effort. If that’s what’s required to reduce operational cost and get your service delivery levels where you need them, that’s what we’ll do.
Maybe the answer is a hybrid cloud solution for cost smart scalability while improving your security posture. This same move could also serve as a first step in an incremental transition toward greater virtualization. If so, this will be our mission. Perhaps a rollout of virtual desktops to support surging BYOD demands is your next move. Or acquiring superior ways of responding to disruptive change by completely eliminating silos with a highly automated software driven architecture. Again, if this is the case, this will be our job.
Rigorous service based metrics focused on business outcomes
Because Akima Global Technology has proven turnkey datacenter services experience at some of today’s most complex and demanding enterprises anywhere, we can support you at any point up or down the solution stack—from Network, I/O Convergence and Compute to Desktop, Server, Application, Storage and Security.
Akima Global Technology project managers, IT engineers, architects and cyber security personnel work with your key personnel at strategic levels, bringing a top down holistic view of your enterprise bolstered by a firm grasp of your most critical financial, programmatic and acquisition constraints. And we apply rigorous service based metrics focused on your desired business outcomes.
You’re closer than you think
Together we can transform your data center into a business services optimization center at your own pace, with resources you can reasonably obtain and with a solution framework that resolves the business issues most important to you and your customers as you go. Call Akima Global Technology today and ask about our Datacenter Services. You’re closer to service optimization than you think.
Akima Global Technology Data center Services
- Cloud Integration
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Cyber Security
- Disaster Recovery/COOP
U.S. Air Force – Network Integration Center
Scott Air Force Base, Illinois
Until now, Major Command (MAJCOM) Wings and other various Air Force organizations have been operating their own independent networks, driving unique and unit-specific requirements. Over the years, this approach lead to a lack of standardization, security problems, high operations, and maintenance costs and diminished enterprise situational awareness.
The Air Force Directory Exchange (ADX) migration program addresses this issue by collapsing all individual or stand-alone Air Force, Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard networks into a central Air Force Network (AFNet). Akima Global Technology is providing the technical leadership to realize this goal. This engagement is the largest ever migration of multiple active directories supporting over 800,000 users. As the migration technical team lead for all Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and other core service migration efforts, Akima Global Technology provides:
- Advanced systems engineering support of unclassified or classified Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange environments
- Support for user, group, e-mail, computer, and file migration of Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange from multiple environments to the AFNet environment
- Server equipment and software installation services
- Network optimization and troubleshooting support for base-level and enterprise data center network equipment for ADX enterprise equipment and clients
TriCare – Defense Health Headquarters
Falls Church, Virginia
TRICARE is the Department of Defense’s nationwide managed healthcare program for Active Duty, Activated Guard and Reserves, retired members of the uniform services and their families and survivors. As part of the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) mandate, GSA orchestrated the relocation of the Health Affairs/TRICARE Management Activity (HA/TMA) to the newly built Defense Health Headquarters in Falls Church, Virginia. This required the creation of a consolidated network solution enabling collaboration across all service branches. The effort entails the creation of a new network operations center, help desks, and complete migration support to the new facility—all against a firm delivery date. TKC Global provides dedicated engineering support to plan, design, and manage the HA/TMA network for migration to the new facility. Specific efforts include:
- Technology, systems, users, data, and support
Systems engineering and architecture design document
- Systems engineering and architecture design document
- Requirements traceability matrix
- Complete test reports
- Bill of Material (BOM) for procurement
- Concept of Operations (COOP) for management
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for systems administration
- Resource assignment
- Schedule of tasks, dependencies and constraints
- Procure, build, test, and migration plans
- Security Certification and Accreditation (C&A)
System Build and Implementation
- Support users and data migration to new location’s systems
- Standard operating procedures training
- Resolve migration trouble tickets